First and foremost, I have to get this of my chest! GO SEAHAWKS!! They’re headed for the Super Bowel. Guess whose eyes are going to be glued to the screen. Yup, yours truly.
I placed the best chocolate brownie at the top. Dessert comes first. This is the way I belive.
I looked and looked for a good slider or mini hamburger and these are absolutely delicious. They are just in time for fixin’ on Super Bowel Sunday.
I hope you like them. Let me know. Do you have any slider or brownie recipes you can share with us?
ABSOLUTELY DIVINE BROWNIES
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (2 1/2 ounces)
2/3 cups walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Spray an 8 X 8 baking pan with cooking spray,
2. Then line it with parchment paper so the parchment hangs over the sides (this way you can lift the brownies right out). Spray the parchment too.
3. Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium metal bowl and fit the bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. Stir, watching the butter; if it’s not melting quickly enough, turn up the heat. Keep stirring until the butter’s all melted and you have a paste. Stick your finger into the paste and when it’s hot enough that you’re like “ow,” remove the bowl from the pot and allow it to cool a bit.
4. Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. Add the flour and stir until it disappears, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with a wooden spoon (I suppose this develops the gluten a bit and helps give those brownies structure? Just a guess). Stir in the nuts and spread evenly in your lined pan. (At this point, you can sprinkle the batter with flaky Maldon sea salt, if you’re into that kind of thing.)
5. Bake until a cake tester comes out mostly clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
6. Lift up the parchment on to a cutting board and cut the brownies into squares. Makes between 20 and 25 squares; I say, “Bigger brownies are better” so make 9 big brownies.
Add a splash of coffee. This ups the baking time but gives a subtle hint of coffee flavor. For a quicker way to introduce coffee flavor, stir in some instant espresso. Just a little bit’ll do the trick.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 9
MINI MAN BURGER
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound ground chuck
8 (3-inch) buns or rolls, split in half
2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Heat the oven to 250 degrees F. Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Line a jellyroll orsheet pan with parchment paper and place the ground chuck in the middle of the pan.
4. Cream the meat with a large sheet of plastic wrap.
5. Roll meat with a rolling pin until it covers the surface of the pan; it should be very thin.
6. Remove the pladtic wrap and sprinkle the mat with the seasoning mixuture.
7. Fold the meat in half, from side to side, using the parchment paper. Use a pizza wheell to cut the meat into 8 even squares. Here is where the kids can help.
8. Wrap the buns in foil and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the burgers on the griddle. I use a cast iron skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
9.Remove the buns from the oven. Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on each bun and top with the burgerany other condiments as desired. Serve immediately.
HERE ARE SOME ADDED SUGGESTIONS
1. Steam the hamburger over a bed of diced yellow onions, and used the onions and a pickle slice to top them. Tasted just like a slider from White Castle. Yumm
2. Mix in grated cheese into the ground beef
3. Grate Parmesan cheese and fried Bacon and place on the burger
4 Try crumble blue cheese on the burger.
5. sauté some minced white or yellow onions. Top with classic yellow mustard, but other options are endless. There are endless ways to fix these little burgers.
6. Red onions can be sautéed You can sauté red onions.
7. Use American cheese and tomato, with Swiss and sautéed mushrooms.
Here is the next thing I’m fixing for Super Bowel Sunday. All finger food. East to eat while we scream and yell for our team!
Next week’s are two recipes to fill the munchies stomachs.
Take care. Happy cookin’ and eatin’. Remember Jesus Saves. If you don’t know the Lord, He died for me and you and arose again. He Lives. CONFESS your sins or things you’ve done wrong. REPENT. ASK Him to forgive you. ACCEPT the gift. TELL someone. FIND and ATTEND a church that believes in the Bible from cover to cover.
My next blog will be on Thursday, January 23, Humor for the Soul; Friday, January 24, Bible Verses Food for the Soul and Sunday, January 26, my normal blog. Until then God bless you all.