I Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
The day that President Jack Kennedy died, I think our nation could have found it hard to give thanks for what occurred on that day long ago. However, we can now look with gladness and thankfulness for this man who lived and was our President. We can find the goodness and the positive in his existence. Whatever his faults, he was a true patriot. To him, I salute him. Thank you President Kennedy for giving of your life to this nation.
I have to confess too many times in my life when a tragedy occurred did I give thanks for my valleys. I wanted what I couldn’t have. I wanted what couldn’t be. Life would have been so much simpler if I had placed my faith in God and realized in all things-no matter what, God’s in control. On the other hand, I needed to experience these times in order to accept His workings in my life and to be thankful for them.
So with this in mind. I’m going to write my thanks be to God.
1. I’m thankful to Jesus for his sacrifice on the cross because without this, I’d be lost.
2. I’m thankful for the Bible I can read that gives me the answers to life.
3. I’m thankful for Al-anon which taught me that it’s the attitude that can make or brake my day or my life.
4. I’m thankful I can see my husband in the bathroom as he says, “I’m beautifying himself.” How I love him.
5. I’m thankful for yesterdays when I remember my children and can smile as I recall some of the g,ood times we had as a family.
6. I’m thankful for my children who grew to become their own person. Good, self supporting citizens not relying on anyone for a free handout. Hard working individuals.
7. I’m thankful for my grandchildren who have brought much laughter into my life
8. I’m thankful for my church, pastor and all the people in it.
9. I’m thankful for my God-given friends who have always been there when I was in need. I hope I can do the same for them.
10. I’m thankful I was born in a nation where at this time freedom reigns. I’m thankful for those who so bravely gave their lives, so I can write this without suppression at this time.
11. I’m thankful to my forefathers of this nation,, who with great wisdom wrote the constitution.
12. I’m thankful for the wonderful writers at Writers Village University who have and still are teaching me how to write good fiction.
Perhaps, the most important thing of all I’m thankful to God who has given me the breath I take and the energy to place a smile on my face as I face today. So today, I enter His courts with thanksgiving with love and appreciation. WHAT A GREAT GOD HE IS!
If you don’t know him, believe He died on the cross and rose again. I hope you will not hesitate to ask him to forgive you for your sins. Ask him to come into your live. Take the gift. I John 1: 9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is able and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Don’t wait. We never know if we have tomorrow because tomorrow is a gift. We can not take it for granted.
God bless you, all. I’ll post again my usual blog on November 24.